Spring projects contain wide range of frameworks and abstraction APIs for Enterprise Integration. Best way to get an overview what Spring provides is to attend Enterprise Integration with Spring Training. It is unfortunately not affordable for everybody and I am not aware of any publication out there that explains Spring’s integration technologies altogether. Training includes:
- Tasks and Scheduling support
- Spring Remoting
- Spring Web Services
- Spring REST with Spring MVC
- Spring JMS
- Local and distributed transactions support
- Spring Itegration
- Spring Batch
I recently attended this course (thanks to my employer) and did certification exam afterwards. Now I would like to share my study notes and hints. These should provide you decent overview about Enterprise Integration with Spring. Study notes should cover everything needed for certification exam. But for passing the exam it isn’t enough just to memorize them. Unless you are familiar with these technologies already. They contain too many crucial information you can easily miss. You wouldn’t be successful until you get used each particular technology at least via examples or tutorials. I went through original SpringSource labs provided by training, few examples and tutorials. Also I was already familiar with Spring JMS, Spring MVC, Spring Integration and Spring transaction demarcation.
- Are based mainly on Spring reference documentations
- Also contains some crucial principles and best practices Spring promotes that are usually not mentioned in reference documentations
- Contains a lot of Spring XML configuration and Java code snippets
- 57 pages
- Download in PDF format
- Download in ODT format (LibreOffice / OpenOffice)
Study hints, additional materials
- Official Enterprise Integration with Spring certification study guide
- Our training lecturer – Jorge Simao
- provides very useful information on his site:
- gave us valuable advices for certification exam:
- When there is question on what Spring supports, correct answers are often where Spring looks better.
- Question are focused on Spring’s API and principles Spring promotes rather than underlying third party technologies.
- Antoine Rey’s Java blog
You can schedule certification exam via Pearson VUE site, find SpringSource and your local certification center. Exam ID is SpringEIwSCertV1.0.
Hope these materials help you also gain this badge: